04 August, 2008

Elie Kamano feat. Les Espoirs de Coronthie: Dounya


Today I want to show you a clip of a great song from Guinea. It is a song by Elie Kamano, a rapper/ hip hop and reggae star from this West African country, featuring a prominent band of a musical genre which has become very popular in the last years, a genre that could be called « musique tradi-moderne ». The song is called Dounya and is about the fact that life is not smiling to everyone. For me, it is a song I can listen to several time after each other, with this intriguing rhythm led by the gongoma thumb piano, and with these great vocals. Just give it a few listens:




direct URL http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=0s0xZhqskrg&feature=related

On the above picture you see Elie Kamano (or Eli) in the center next to two singers from Les Espoirs de Coronthie.

I will tell you more about both Kamano and Les Espoirs soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic group - I love this song so much and the singing and playing is brilliant!
Elie and the boys are great but
It is so sad that the big singer, 'Machete' had so small a part because he is my absolute favopurite singer ever from Guinee!
I love you and your music so much!